• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Issues: Drag & Duplicate doesn't work, AIGPUSniffer keeps popping up

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having several issues when I'm using InDesign. I have both 2019 & 2020 versions installed on my MacBook Pro. Can anyone explain why whenever I open up both versions of InDesign, I get this error message that pops up from AIGPUSniffer and why it launches every time I open up InDesign? I'm also noticing a few issues is when I try to drag and duplicate an object or text box by holding down the option key while dragging, it's not working at all. The shift drag object isn't working as well. Is anyone having those issues? Please help!

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Yes webroot causes these issues, try by disabling or uninstalling it. Were you able to remove the program from dock or not? Also for the crash try by switching off the use of GPU in the preferences

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For AIGPUSniffer launch see my answer to the following discussion

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/aigpusniffer/td-p/11272849

I am not sure what could be the reason for crash. For the drag issues did you try resetting your preferences, also can you verify if other shortcuts involving these keys are working out not, maybe some other application is interfering with the capture of these keys 

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried resetting the preferences, but it won't let me do that. I suspect that one of the keys, either the option, command, or the control key isn't functioning properly when I open InDesign. I wonder if it has something to do with Webroot being installed on my MacBook Pro running? I've read other threads with similar issues I'm having, they're saying that Webroot is the cause of one of the keys I've mentioned not functioning properly in InDesign.

-Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes webroot causes these issues, try by disabling or uninstalling it. Were you able to remove the program from dock or not? Also for the crash try by switching off the use of GPU in the preferences

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get the drag and duplicate function working by hitting the Webroot icon on the menu bar and select Pause Secure Keyboard Entry. As for the program keep popping up, I did turn off the use of GPU in Preferences, but that didn't do the trick

-Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then did you atleast get it to not pop on the dock by swithching off the dock preference property i mentioned. If has to run atleast it should not pollute your dock

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the preferences in InDesign or preferences on the Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preferences of Dock on MAC, did you read my answer on the link i posted in my first response. I have explained this there

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad. You didn't tell me specifically what preferences I needed to go to resolve this in your last reply. I didn't know what preferences you were referring to if it's InDesign preferences or on the MAC system. Anyway, I've read your answer on the link you've posted and I went to the Dock settings and disabled the Show recent applications in Dock. That did it. It worked. Thank you for your help. Does this happen on Macs a lot when InDesign is installed on Mac systems?

-Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that it worked, well this has nothing to do with InDesign per se. It's mainly MAC preferences that adds the launched program to the dock, now InDesign happens to launch a helper application which does not need to be visible to the user but due to this MAC preference it appears on the dock. So the issue is just a combination of two things

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotcha. Well, thanks so much for helping me resolve this.

-Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines