• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign keeps crashing and locking my macbook pro

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new macbook pro, and I can't understand why the simpliest task in InDesign keeps making it crash and locks the computer. I keep having to restart the mac from the power button as the whole mac freezes. I have unistalled it and reinstalled it again but that hasn't worked either. Please help!!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021
LEGEND , Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. In addition to suggestions given earlier, I'd request to follow this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign/td-p/11487287?page=1) & let us know if it helps to improve the performance of the app.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it an Intel MacBook Pro? Or one of Apple's new Silicon-powered M1 MacBook Pros?

Adobe doesn't have a production-ready version of InDesign for the M1 Silicon platform, and Apple runs legacy "Intel-based" software through its own emulator, and doesn't guarantee flawless performance for any Intel-based software on the M1 platform.

If you're running an Intel-chipped MacBook Pro, please let us know what version of MacOS and what your system specifications are so we can better help you. Lots of sharp folks around here are happy to lend a hand.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Randy for the speedy reply. It's a MacBook M1. So what can I do to make it run without all these issues? Surely even if it runs on Intel it shouldn't be glitching this bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this stage, wait for Adobe to improve InDesign to either run natively or run better with the Rosetta 2 emulator.

You can read about the official line from Adobe here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

As a practical matter, you need to realize that Adobe does not offer a Silicon-compatible version of the program. Apple provides an emulator, but even Apple doesn't guarantee that its software patch to bridge Silicon Macs to the Intel/X86 world will work with every Intel-compiled program. You're on the bleeding edge of this technology, and lots of software publishers are racing to catch up.

Better times are coming for you — everybody's upgrading software to take full advantage of the new Silicon platform. But they're not there yet.

Sorry I don't have better news for you,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. In addition to suggestions given earlier, I'd request to follow this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) & let us know if it helps to improve the performance of the app.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines