• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my InDesign app today and it keeps crashing. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

I thought I would drop an update on this.

It turned out the file I was working on got corrupted and that caused all the issues. I got support from Adobe, they helped me to fix it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. If i touch any box that has a hyperlink the program crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

A common solution is to restore your InDesign preferences as described in this Help file:

Set preferences in Adobe InDesign - Adobe Supporthelpx.adobe.com › indesign › using › setting-prefer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply! I am using the latest version of InDesign (15.1.2). After struggling whole day, I installed the previous version but it was even worse. Extremely slow! 😞

JK is probably right, it might be the links that are causing the issue. I am working remotely on a catalogue and the linked images are on our company's server. I will save everything on my computer now and I hope that will help.

Oh, I am running on Windows 10 Pro, version 1909.

Any advice will be highly appreciated. I have got a deadline to catch.

Many thanks,

Istvan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I did check out the link and reset the preferences accordingly. I will let you know if it helped.

Thanks again!

Istvan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought I would drop an update on this.

It turned out the file I was working on got corrupted and that caused all the issues. I got support from Adobe, they helped me to fix it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines