Highlighted

inDesign keeps producing testfiles

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I open an InDesign-File to continue working on it, a new testfile and a "-.idlk" file is created in the same folder. Is there a way to not have that happen? Also, I tried to access the Chat to get support but this option seems no longer available. Is this correct? Thank you in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by vladan saveljic | Adobe Community Professional

.idlk is lock file and this behaviour is OK

for further informations you could take a look here

https://indesignsecrets.com/can-i-open-an-indesign-lock-idlk-file.php

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

inDesign keeps producing testfiles

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I open an InDesign-File to continue working on it, a new testfile and a "-.idlk" file is created in the same folder. Is there a way to not have that happen? Also, I tried to access the Chat to get support but this option seems no longer available. Is this correct? Thank you in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by vladan saveljic | Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help me please! Right now my InDesign is generating a new TestFile in the same folder about every 10 seconds. And at th is rate is is going to fill my server space in a matter of hours. How do we get it to stop making these things?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience lately has convinced me it actually has more to do with network syncing on Adobe Creative Cloud Files servers. The long names of these TestFile files gives some indication as to why they are there. Some of them have said it was conflicted copies from one sync location (my home Mac) versus my work Mac, and so forth. 

After some time using Creative Cloud Files and forcing syncing between the two (actually three, but that is another story), they have gone away for the most part. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines