• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign keyboard shortcuts or "hot keys" not working with new macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking at some past comments but none would fix my problem. I upgraded to Big Sur 11.2.3 this morning, and my keyboard commands, I've seen people call them "hotkeys" are now not working in InDesign. Things like "command+space" for the zoom tool, "shift+command drag" to grow a box, "spacebar" for the handtool that goes away once you release the space bar, or holding "shift" to move something in a perfectly straight line.

It's frustrating. Does anyone know how to go back to having those commands? Yes, I can create some in the "keyboard shortcuts" dialog box under "Edit" but I shouldn't have to. 

This has happened before after an update, and after a while, it fixed itself. But it's super hard to work while it's going on. I've restarted and shut down multiple times. I've also tried "command+option+p+r" as I restarted because someone suggested that. 

Any help is appreciated, thank you! 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Thank you for the tip! I was able to figure out that it was actually an anti-virus program causing the problem to key commands. So I have it resolved. 

THANKS!

Alesha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. This might be possible due the conflict with some third-party app or extensions. Please try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the InDesign. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip! I was able to figure out that it was actually an anti-virus program causing the problem to key commands. So I have it resolved. 

THANKS!

Alesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How would we go about finding out which is the plug in that may be causing the conflict?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines