• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign latest version (15.02) against earlier version InDesign (13.0.1)

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A few days ago I had my OS updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. 

Before the update I used to work with Adobe InDesign 2018 (version 13.0.1). With the update to Windows 10 I got a later version of InDesign 2020 (version 15.02) on my pc (Adobe CC gives me an automatic update of any new version).

Because I could now work with the latest version of InDesign I deleted the app InDesign 13.0.1 so that I could now continue working with the InDesign 15.02 version. But because many of my documents are created with the 2018 version 13.0.1 I now notice that those files cannot be synchronised any more because I had deleted the 2018 app.

Is there any possibility that I could reinstall the InDesign 2018 (version 13.0.1) on my pc so that my files can still be synchronised and at the same time keep my InDesign 2020 version 15.02?

Is there someone within the community who knows how to resolve this problem?

Many thanks in advance

Jommeke 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean that the files can't be synchronized?

InDesign 2020 should have no issue at all opening files created in CC2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It is not that much the fact that my files cannot be synchronized that is bothering me but more that I wanted to know how I could possibly reinstall the 2018 InDesign version and at the same time keep my newest 2020 version on my pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a problem understanding what you mean by 'synchronized' as this honestly makes no sense... Can you describe to us what you mean by 'synchronize'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can run both CC2018 and CC2020 on the same machine, but CC2018 will not be able to open .indd files saved from CC2020. You would have to save as .idml from CC2020 to open a CC2020 document in CC2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure you can even install CC2018 anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click More Actions>Other Versions in the CC app

Screen Shot 45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The only thing available there is 2020 and 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines