• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign library won't open -- says it already is

Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is already an answer to this somewhere in the forum, my apologies, but I could not find it. My search only revealed questions about why InDesign itself would not open, not a specifically named InD library.

Elsewhere online, I saw another person having this problem but they worked on a network with a lot of computers, so there truly WAS the potential for the InDesign library to be open elsewhere, as the error message implies.

But I am one person, no network, working in a home business. If I don't have the library open, no one does. I don't.

Does anyone have any idea why the library would give me an error saying "This file is in use. Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program."

I would like to retrieve the items in this library if at all possible.  Any help is appreciated.

(Btw, this is not an online or CC library. This is just right here on my own desktop.)

Thanks much - C. Sinclaire

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

If one or more libraries are open they will be listed at the bottom of the Windows menu, above the open files. What you do you see?

InDesign CCss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If one or more libraries are open they will be listed at the bottom of the Windows menu, above the open files. What you do you see?

InDesign CCss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks very much! I looked at the "open" list and there it was! I had expected it to appear in my palette layout alongside other open libraries and palettes, but I guess it was dragged off by itself at some point and somehow hidden from view (it definitely wasn't "on top"). It never occurred to me to look at the "open" list at the end of the Window menu. (I think I've been working too many days without a break, LOL!) Thanks for waking up my brain. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always happy to help—all of us have those days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines