• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign linking issues

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message when trying to update linked files. I am on a Mac OS/Catalina 10.15.2 and just started having this issue on Google Drive. I do not have this issue when my file is on my desktop, only the Google Drive.

"This file is already open by another user or application. This file may be stored on a network server and cannot be opened until the other user closes it."

Photoshop was already closed, so I have to rename the file and relink it.  This issue only started happening a few days ago. Has worked fine for over a year.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that DropBox works fine; so does Box; but Google Drive seems to have something that does not support as fully as the others do. Can you try another like DropBox to see if the same pattern happens?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Dropbox your CC subscription offers local to cloud sync’ing. You can use your Creative Cloud Files folder to sync a cloud backup or collaborate with other CC users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember reading of other problems with opening and storing files on Google Drive. Here are two examples. You can find more if you search for them:

community.adobe.com › indesign › td-pUnable to open InDesign files stored on Google drive file strea...

www.reddit.com › indesign › comments › dropbox_vs_google_drive...Dropbox vs Google Drive vs Apple iC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue since switching to a new Macbook on Catalina 10.15.2. What a pain in the ass. My entire file system is in Google Drive and it's been working for years. Need a solution for this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to open a case with Google; will post an update here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines