Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign links missing even though packaged

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having trouble with missing links on InDesign.  The links haven't been deleted or moved and the file is packaged.  Recently, my mac was saying the scratch disk is full.  I have a feeling that as my files automatically upload to iCloud, files that are in use are getting put on the cloud to free up space.  This means that when I open the file, it is as if the links need to be downloaded from the cloud so that the links work.

I suspect this because in the morning there will be 45+ errors, a few hours later this will have gone down without me doing anything on my laptop.  As I say, the file is packaged and hasn't been moved.

Has anyone got any ideas of what this could be and how I fix it?

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Regardless of the cloud service you're using do not enable any smart sync type of features if you're using it for InDesign projects.

This includes Dropbox and Onedrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines