InDesign making weird "bonking" noises.

Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the most recent online version of InDesign, and it regularly makes a weird "bonking" noise...the noise I have sometimes heard when there is a problem with other programs/situations. Although nothing seems to not be working correctly, the error sound is very irritating. Does anybody else have this problem? How do I fix it?

Thanks!!!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign making weird "bonking" noises.

Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the most recent online version of InDesign, and it regularly makes a weird "bonking" noise...the noise I have sometimes heard when there is a problem with other programs/situations. Although nothing seems to not be working correctly, the error sound is very irritating. Does anybody else have this problem? How do I fix it?

Thanks!!!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 09, 2020 0
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What computer system are you using?

It sounds like you're doing something InDesign does not like. Like clicking on your layout with a dialog window open. Try opening Text Frame Options (Object > Text Frame Options), then try to select some text.

Is that the sound?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the sound I hear. I don't find that the sound is related to my having a dialog box open, but I'll keep an eye for one that might be hiding behind the layout to see if that is what is going on. Stay tuned, and thanks. Here is my computer info:Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 6.12.06 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm hoping that the issue is resolved for you. 

If the above-mentioned solution or suggestion helped, please mark it correct.

If not, do let us know so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0