• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign mixing up all my PDF weblink

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can someone why InDesign transform ALL my weblink once I have attached a PDF to it??? I have been trying to fix this for 5h and it is impossible to get in touch with any support. All the links work perfectly on my PDF. I attached the PDF to my InDesign presentation and all the links are mixed up

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

It should not work. You need to link after placing. You might have got an experiment or bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Clarification:

When you place a PDF in an InDesign layout, all of the hyperlinks, accessibility tags, buttons, form fields, and other interactive features are gone.

Once placed in the layout, the PDF acts just like a graphic. Nothing more.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help - I'm just not sure how?

Can you elaborate on what you're doing - how you're doing it - what the result is vs the expected result?

I'm a bit confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

So I am creating a shopping list with clickable links for each product in Excel. I export each page as PDF. At this stage on each PDF all links work perfectly. Then I open my InDesign presentation, I link each PDF page of the shopping list to my document. I export my presentation in pdf for my client and this is where all 70% of the links get mixed up. when the original PDF are perfectly fine..... So if you have a solution I am more than happy to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please define InDesign presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

INdesign document composed of multiple pages to which links are placed and some text to compose an architectural  presentation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you're placing a PDF in an InDesign document? If so, the interactivity in that PDF will not work in any other exported project. This is normal behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The interactivity works but just mixed up all links. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should not work. You need to link after placing. You might have got an experiment or bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it shouldn't work at all? you can not attach a pDF with links on it into an InDesign document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarification:

When you place a PDF in an InDesign layout, all of the hyperlinks, accessibility tags, buttons, form fields, and other interactive features are gone.

Once placed in the layout, the PDF acts just like a graphic. Nothing more.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's really crap for 2 products part of ADOBE,.....what a waste...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it just really odd that all the links still opened web pages then.. just not the correct one ...really odd as it means they were not acting as images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that maybe you have the text of the URLs in your PDF that you placed? This isn't a link, but Acrobat will scan pages for text that looks like URLs, and treat them as links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes obviously as it is weblinks to products so yes it is URL links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like Acrobat autodetecting URLs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like Acrobat autodetecting URLs.

By @BobLevine

Yes.

And they aren't fully featured links, either. Example, they are not fully accessible for accessibility compliance.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are other shortcomings with these "faux" hyperlinks, too.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines