Highlighted

Indesign: Multiple Types of Page Numbers

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with adding page numbering to my project.

It is a 450 page book that is in Hebrew, so I changed the page numbering type to Hebrew (א, ב, ג, ד...(. Adding the Page Number to the Master Page works for the first set of Page Numbering.

I am also trying to add English Page Numbering with Arabic Numerals (1, 2, 3, 4...) but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

I have tried:

1. Mail Merge in the master page. It only applies the first entry (1) to all the pages.

2. Flowing text from page to page, but that is very meticulous to connect each box to the next page for 450 pages. Additionally, when I pasted the content into the flowing boxes, it put the numbers backwards somehow (9, 8, 7, 6...) even though the Story Editor showed it in the correct order.

3. Making the text box on the Master Page a Primary Text Frame. It's not working for me. I click on the icon on the master page and it won't change the status of the box to a Primary Text Frame at all.

Does anyone know how to help me?

either to make it show English page numbers with the variable, in addition to the Hebrew ones. Or maybe to auto flow a textbox automatically onto the top corner of all the pages (outside the margin box).

The attached photo is what I want it to look like.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign: Multiple Types of Page Numbers

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with adding page numbering to my project.

It is a 450 page book that is in Hebrew, so I changed the page numbering type to Hebrew (א, ב, ג, ד...(. Adding the Page Number to the Master Page works for the first set of Page Numbering.

I am also trying to add English Page Numbering with Arabic Numerals (1, 2, 3, 4...) but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

I have tried:

1. Mail Merge in the master page. It only applies the first entry (1) to all the pages.

2. Flowing text from page to page, but that is very meticulous to connect each box to the next page for 450 pages. Additionally, when I pasted the content into the flowing boxes, it put the numbers backwards somehow (9, 8, 7, 6...) even though the Story Editor showed it in the correct order.

3. Making the text box on the Master Page a Primary Text Frame. It's not working for me. I click on the icon on the master page and it won't change the status of the box to a Primary Text Frame at all.

Does anyone know how to help me?

either to make it show English page numbers with the variable, in addition to the Hebrew ones. Or maybe to auto flow a textbox automatically onto the top corner of all the pages (outside the margin box).

The attached photo is what I want it to look like.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0

Have something to add?