• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign not exporting all pages.

Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason InDesign is not exporting all the pages in two projects.  I have no idea, what is happening as I have never run into this problem.

It is only exporting half of the pages.

Any ideas why this occurring and how to solve it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not say where you are exporting (To Print, pdf, etc.) nor how you are exporting. Please provide more specific information.

On the off chance you are talking about printing did you make sure that sequence is set to All Pages rather than even or odd pages only? See screen shot.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 3.10.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may know the issue now.... but still I do not think it should skip pages.

In one of the documents I created, it included an animation.  Thus I was exporting it as an Interactive PDF.  This way it would show the animation.  Seemed like a good thought.

When I then exported it as normal Adobe PDF all the pages were exported.  I found this to be odd.... as I would think both should export all pages.  Something was amiss.....

I guess I will have to show the animation separately.  Which is ok... but would have been much more cooler to appear in the presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope... just using the export function under file.....no printing involved.  That would have made me die if I had printed it and pages were missing.

So I am trying to do a test now as saving as an EPUB.  No clue if that will allow for the animation.... have to see.  If not then I stick to the normal Adobe PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animations are not supported in PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did play in the Interactive PDF.  Looked great.  Minus the missing pages.

I did not think they were supported either.  But it seems like they may quasi be with interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. They are not!

You can fake it with a SWF file but that's not recommended at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so the EPUB thing did not work either.

Oh well. I will keep it as the normal Adobe PDF.

But wish I knew the deal was with the export to Interactive PDF.  As that would have been nicer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently facing the same problem. I'm exporting it as an interactive document but it doesn't seem to export all the pages. Unlike you, I have to save it as an interactive document for a university project. I hope there is a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem. My document has 380 pages and when I exported it as interactive pdf it only exports 303 pages. Have you found the solution? Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I found this same issue in a heavy long InDesign file too. Only half pages were exported. Curious thing is that the pages that it didn't export, couldn't be previewed in the Pages panel in InDesign.
I manage to export a Print PDF from Adobe InCopy (after assigning all stories to an Assignment). It's not a real solution, but it can save some ass&s!! @adobe could look into this as well... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines