• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign not launching on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I am using a Mac and have had my Indesign since 2015. It no longer opens on my computer. I have updated my operating software and am not sure if I need to update the Indesign app too. It just doesnt open, no error message or anything. Do i need to unistall and reinstall it?

Thank you, 
Emma

[Moderator: Moved to the InDesign forum]

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Did you update to Catalina? If yes then CC2015 will not work on it, there are no workarounds for that. Apple has pulled the plug of 32-bit applications in Catalina and hence only CC2019 and CC2020 would work on Catalina. Since you already are subscribed to Creative Cloud, you should upgrade to CC2020 free of cost, if that is not an option due to any reason then the only way for you is to roll back the OS update. Do note that CC2015 is not available for download from Adobe now, as only the last t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Hi Emma,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Manan is absolutely correct about upgrading the app to the latest versions. Please follow the instructions on how to update the Adobe app on this help article.

If you're getting any error still, try using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing Adobe apps and install again following instructions on this help article.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update to Catalina? If yes then CC2015 will not work on it, there are no workarounds for that. Apple has pulled the plug of 32-bit applications in Catalina and hence only CC2019 and CC2020 would work on Catalina. Since you already are subscribed to Creative Cloud, you should upgrade to CC2020 free of cost, if that is not an option due to any reason then the only way for you is to roll back the OS update. Do note that CC2015 is not available for download from Adobe now, as only the last two major versions are supported for download via Creative Cloud

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan, thanks for your reply. Yes I've updated to Catalina. I've unistalled the Indesign2015 and am trying to install a newer version. So far no luck. Trying to repair the creative cloud app but may need to unistall that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Emma,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Manan is absolutely correct about upgrading the app to the latest versions. Please follow the instructions on how to update the Adobe app on this help article.

If you're getting any error still, try using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing Adobe apps and install again following instructions on this help article.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines