• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign not opening file correctly in Big Sur

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just changed to Mac Big Sur, and now my InDesign files are not opening correctly. On the main work area images and text are missing. But if you look on the page panel, the layouts look fine. Anyone have any ideas on fixing this? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign?

Did you choose View > Fit Spread in Window?

What spread is active in the Pages panel?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb: I have InDesign 2021. Seems the images are not linked possibly. However if you go to the links tab, the images are actually linked apparently. If I go and drag the images from their folder back into the image box, then the images will show up again. But my fear is I would have to do that with all my past files - which could be a big problem. Is it possible to go back to Mac OS Catalina?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can roll back your operating system. 

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/downgrade-macos-3581872/

Before you do that, can you share the Links panel when the file first opens? Before you manually relink the files?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines