Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign not "seeing" Mac Photos to link

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a MacBookPro Laptop that was running Mojave and Indesign 2019 and now is runnning Catalina and Indesign 2020.

I use to be able to select and link any photo in my Mac Photos Albums using Indesign place command. Over the last few mounths it got buggy and now I only have access to one album that had been backed up to icloud. I have deleted the icloud  back-up, old iphoto library, upgraded to Mac OS Catalina and Indesign 2020 but none have solved the problem.  Any suggestions?

Laura

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when it does not work? Doesn't see the file? InDesign crashes or what?

I just tested with my MacBook Pro in Catalina and InDesign 2020 (15.0.1 update) and it works fine.

If it was failing before you updated, it could require a clean install of Catalina on your computer. It sounds like it could be a macOS system problem. To learn how to do a clean install is more than I can describe here.

A good resource are the Take Control eBooks from this link, in this case the one one installing Catalina:

https://www.takecontrolbooks.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I will try a clean install and see if that clears up the lost - and because the photos are not showing up using place or relink - non-relinkable Mac Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In support of Steve's response, I'd recommend clicking on https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to use the Cleaner Tool.
Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having problems with photos not showing up in InDesignCC 2020. I am on a brand new macbookpro running Big Sur vers 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello kgretka - I tried a clean install and that did not work so I contacted Mac and Adobe Support. It has been awhile so I don't remember exatly what each did, but with remote access to my computer Adobe cleaned out a bunch of old "stuff" from my libraries and then reinstalled InDesign. That allowed me to see most of my photos from InDesign again. But I still cannot see photos that I previously edited so I have to open those in Mac Photos revert them to the orginal and redit them so I can see them in InDesign. Once relinked the the link names are long and obscure rather than the Mac Photo file names.  Hope that helps. Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines