Highlighted

InDesign not responding

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have problems recently with InDesign not responding when you open? I've had it happened three or four times just today alone. This has been since updating last week on Creative Cloud.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign not responding

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have problems recently with InDesign not responding when you open? I've had it happened three or four times just today alone. This has been since updating last week on Creative Cloud.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 31, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Does it happen while trying to open a specific document or all?

I'd suggest resetting preferences of Adobe InDesign.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know if it helps. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had anymore problems since that day. I don't know why, but it basically fixed itself. I'm not sure what to say. Thanks for the help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issues ever since I upgraded to MacOS Catalina over a year ago? I have to quit/restart constantly. I've reinstalled InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop several times. I've reset preferences....it's a nightmare for my workflow. I'm going to follow this conversation thread. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to include the following:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) running Catalina10.15.6 (19G2021)

3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M380 2 GB

I'm running the latest versions of all Adobe products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, FontBook etc). I am a print designer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing I have learned with updating to the current system... don't do it right away. Let them get the bugs worked out before updating. Sorry you're having problems. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
cgag LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, depuis que j'ai installé Catalina il y a 1 mois, je n'arrive plus à travailler comme avant avec ma tablette Wacom, mon stylet marche au ralenti. Wacom m'a conseillé d'en racheter une nouvelle... J'ai des problèmes également sur Indesign aujourd'hui, toute la journée, et j'en ai absolument besoin pour travailler. C'est vraiment un GROS PROBLEME pour moi. Les fenêtres ne se déplacent plus lorsque je veux, elles s'agrandissent sans que je le demande. Lorsque je clique sur le nom d'un document, j'attends plus longtemps avant de pouvoir changer le nom, il ne s'affiche pas aussi vite qu'avant... faut-il revenir au système macOS précédent ? Faut-il contacter Apple ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0