• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign not working properly with brand new Macbook Pro

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a brand new macbook pro, but i've had nothing but issues with the whole Creative Suite package since I got it. I'm trying to resolve the issues here, and I get people respond to me asking me to do tests, and I do the test, but then they disappear and I don't hear back from them. I'm getting more and more frustrated.

ISSUE 1:

InDesign and Illustrator keep crashing as soon as the Mac goes into sleep mode. Occasionally when i'm actually using them... but most of the time as soon as I leave my computer for half an hour, come back and wake it up from sleep mode, InDesign and Illustrator have crashed, and I need to reopen them, but i've lost all my settings and have to reapply them.

Here is the original thread I created. I've tried all the steps suggested:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-keeps-crashing-on-my-new-mac/m-p/11454138?page=1#M3...

ISSUE 2:

Constrain aspect ratio with shift key not working in InDesign

When I place an image in InDesign, and try to resize it holding down the shift key, it doesn't constrain the proportions. So I need to manually resize using the percentage values in the top tool bar. If I quit/force quit InDesign and reopen then it still doesn't work. The only way it works again is if I shut down my computer completely and reopen it... then it works for a few days before stopping again.

I've read some other threads which say I need to 'uninstall Webroot'? I'm not even sure I have webroot on my mac. I can't see it anywhere.

Can anybody help me try and resolve these issues? Is there somebody at Adobe I can speak to to go through it? 

Thank you!

I'm Macbook Pro

Catalina 10.15.6

2.3 GHz 8 core intel i9

32GB memory

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

I suggest you unistall InDesign, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall it again. If that doesn't solve the problem then unistall it again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling InDesign again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you unistall InDesign, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall it again. If that doesn't solve the problem then unistall it again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling InDesign again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I see you have followed the suggested troubleshooting on the mentioned discussion.

You may try creating a new user account on your machine and see how app is working there. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you install InDesign? Fromthe original installer or from a backup? Only the original installer is valid.

What version of InDesign do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines