• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Objects "jumping" when selected

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Need some help. I'm using Indesign CC and when I try to select any object it jumps down and to the left without me actually moving it. Anyone experience anything similar and figure out a fix? It only happens once in a while but once it starts, I can't work within the document anymore.

HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide more information? Try opening a new document and add an object - any object. Can you repeat this behavior in a new document? The closest I've ever come to what you are describing is when using step and repeat functionality. I don't think anyone can make the behavior you are describing happen in order to trouble shoot it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I did a new document and it was not happening at first. Now it is again. I haven't done anything different than I used to. The only difference is that I updated to CC instead of CS6. Here's a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the video... what workspace are you in? Can you post a screen shot of the entire application window with panels open? Have you recently worked on adding interactivity to your objects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this same issue! When I click on an object, for example - a text box, it jumps to the left. A large jump, like say 50-100px. At first I thought maybe my arrows keys on my butterfly keyboard were getting stuck but they should only nudge it a pixel at a time. Then the other day, objects started jumping to the right. Today they're jumping to the left again. I have to reboot to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem and I found the answer in my case. Maybe it applies to your case.

cs6 - Illustrator moves anything I select - Graphic Design Stack Exchange : https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/12664/illustrator-moves-anything-i-select

Whenever I select an object by clicking on it in Illustrator CS6, the second I move my mouse it moves the object. Is there a way around this? I just need to select an object and then change it's color or font but as soon as I move my mouse, the object is moved 3-4 pixels.

• I had Rightzoom running in the background and once I turned it off, all was well.
  • Rightzoom was the culprit for me too.
    • Added it to the exceptions list and all is well in Illustrator land.

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 1.16.32 PM.png

It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is this right zoom feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right Zoom is a third party App. Try to deacivate it if you have issues in other apps if you have it installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, and across multiple documents- If I reboot everything it is solved for a little while then comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever resolve this? This issue just appeared for me, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue right now, 50% of the time I click a text box or image box, the item moves ever so slightly. I'm having to undo every time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a possible solution. In my case it had to do with the application Magnet.

Turning this app off simply solved the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang, I'm constantly using Magnet, will have to try this. Do you think it's an issue with Magnet or InDesign? For me, this just started a few days ago, but have been using the 2 apps for years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's the update of a few days ago. Never had any problems either till, indeed, a few days ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me as well. Thanks for reporting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to keep Magnet running, you can have it "ignore" Illustrator and InDesign. While your program is in focus, click on the Magnet menu, and select Ignore "Illustrator". This also works with InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally worked for me! Thought I was going crazy! Hope an update solves this issue sometime in the future. Never had this issue with previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate, you have saved my date! Thanks a lot! I was about to go nuts.. checked all "INDD" settings and mouse settings forever! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh My GOOODDNEESS!! I ignored Indesign in Magnet setting, and it solved the problem of shifting object immediately! I was having this issue all over illustrator, indesign and photoshop as well... I will ingore them all in Magnet now! Magnet doesn't work with Adope Apps anyway. Thanks so much for your solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend! Magnet was the issue. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just popping in to say thank you so much for the advice. I have been going absolutely insane, I even purchased a USB mouse as I was convinced it was an issue with the Bluetooth module in my Mac Studio (having tried three different Bluetooth mouses). I ended up working on my laptop instead as I couldn't handle the objects jumping around every time I clicked one of them.

I've just disabled Magnet (for InDesign) and it has completely fixed the issue. I reached out to Magnet's team too, to see if they have any thoughts on why this is suddenly happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@s26946658nu7o @fatmarker Thank you so, so, so much for this guys!
Have been coping with this issue for weeks now. Was just about to do a complete, clean reinstall... Will send Magnet/Bootcode a note about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU. 

This almost made me throw my laptop out the window. I hope Magnet fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FANTASTIC!

Thank you for solving this irritating issue for us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines