Highlighted

Indesign online publishing - music not playing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've published an Indesign online document, but the soundtrack I have set up to play with the title page isn't playing on other PCs (yet it is playing on my mac). They are running Windows. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how I fix it?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant
Many browser will not allow audio or video to autoplay. There is nothing you can do about that.
TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign online publishing - music not playing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've published an Indesign online document, but the soundtrack I have set up to play with the title page isn't playing on other PCs (yet it is playing on my mac). They are running Windows. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how I fix it?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant
Many browser will not allow audio or video to autoplay. There is nothing you can do about that.
TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will be using Microsoft Edge to view

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So disappointing Adobe haven't worked this out! Thanks for your reply Bob. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm more than happy to criticize Adobe when it's warranted but to repeat what I already said...this a browser issue. And to be perfectly frank autoplaying audio or video is a god-awful thing to do. STOP!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 1