• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign online publishing - music not playing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've published an Indesign online document, but the soundtrack I have set up to play with the title page isn't playing on other PCs (yet it is playing on my mac). They are running Windows. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how I fix it?

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020
Many browser will not allow audio or video to autoplay. There is nothing you can do about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will be using Microsoft Edge to view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many browser will not allow audio or video to autoplay. There is nothing you can do about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So disappointing Adobe haven't worked this out! Thanks for your reply Bob. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm more than happy to criticize Adobe when it's warranted but to repeat what I already said...this a browser issue. And to be perfectly frank autoplaying audio or video is a god-awful thing to do. STOP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob,

I've setup a very small sound to play off a button amongst several animations. For some reasons in the Epub it plays, but in the browser (Safari, Chrome), it doesn't play.  Does this mean even off buttons, sound doesn't play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines