Highlighted

InDesign OpenType properties are not applicable on any font

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I have run into a problem while trying the OpenType properties out on a presentation I am combining in InDesign now. No matter what text font I use, also with multiple restarts with my laptop and re-installation of the app itself it simply does not work.

Anything that could be done with this?

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, Performance, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign OpenType properties are not applicable on any font

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I have run into a problem while trying the OpenType properties out on a presentation I am combining in InDesign now. No matter what text font I use, also with multiple restarts with my laptop and re-installation of the app itself it simply does not work.

Anything that could be done with this?

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, Performance, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what your issue is, which version of InDesign and OS do you have?

How much RAM do you have?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an Adobe "Pro" font? Also, not all Pro fonts support all the OpenType features--that's up to the font designer. 

The OT properties can work with extended fonts from other foundries, but you already have access to many Adobe Pro fonts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A few questions:

• Which specific typefaces are you trying?
  • Which OpenType features do you need?
  • When you go the the Character panel menu > Open Type, do the features have square brackets indicating they are not available with that typeface?
    jane-e_0-1602451386469.png

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0