Highlighted

Indesign Package - fonts is missing

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have trouble when I´m packing my documents in Indesign. All fonts used in the Indesign file are not included in the packed font folder? I have not have this problem before?

//Rafaella

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Rafaella,

hm… Mac OS X Catalina…

Could that be a permission issue perhaps?

I'm using Windows 10, used OS X before, but stopped at version 10.11. so if this is a permission issue I cannot help much to solve it.

What you can try:

While the document is open visit the menu Type  > Find Font… where all the used fonts are listed and try to get the paths of the listed font files in your system. You get this if you click the More Info button. Go to a listed folder and try to copy/paste such a font file to your empty Document fonts folder of your package.

If you cannot do this because you have no permission we found the source of your issues.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Import and export, Performance, Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign Package - fonts is missing

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have trouble when I´m packing my documents in Indesign. All fonts used in the Indesign file are not included in the packed font folder? I have not have this problem before?

//Rafaella

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Rafaella,

hm… Mac OS X Catalina…

I'm using Windows 10, used OS X before, but stopped at version 10.11. so if this is a permission issue I cannot help much to solve it.

What you can try:

While the document is open visit the menu Type  > Find Font… where all the used fonts are listed and try to get the paths of the listed font files in your system. You get this if you click the More Info button. Go to a listed folder and try to copy/paste such a font file to your empty Document fonts folder of your package.

If you cannot do this because you have no permission we found the source of your issues.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Import and export, Performance, Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rafaella,

to help you with that we need more information:

What version of InDesign, operating system are you using?

How are your fonts installed and organized ( are you using font management software )?

Finally, did you save your document with a new name and new position in the file system from a document that uses the fonts from a Document fonts folder?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version on Indesign, I have macOS Catalina, 10.15.4.

My only program for the fonts is called Typsnitsbok in swedish, maybe fontbook in english?

Yes I have tried that, same problem, No, it is not fonts from Adobe fonts

Thank You and wishing you a good evening

Rafaella

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, are these from the Adobe Fonts catalog? Such fonts are not packaged, because the receiver uses the same fonts through their subscription. (Unless the fonts are retired from the catalog of course).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise, CJK fonts will not package, either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rafaella,

hm… Mac OS X Catalina…

What you can try:

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that works fine, Thank you.

Wishing you a great afternoon

Rafaella

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0