• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign page numbering colours

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a document that has two sets of pages. One set of masters are white pages with black page numbers and the other set is black pages with white page numbers. However, as the default is black the page numbers don't show on the black pages. How to I change the black set of pages to have white page numbers without changing the whole page numbering. Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using master pages (one set of "masters"?), then all you have to do is change the color of the page numbers on the master.

Numbering is not affected when you change the color of the page number on the master page. The new color will apply immediately on the document pages based on the master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

That's my problem. I can't change the colour on the master. I have tried Command Shift over the placeholder but nothing happens and I am unable to find a drop down menu that gives me access to the colour of the page number on the master. My knowledge of InDesign isn't brilliant so I will need a 'baby steps' answer please. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of your master page including the Pages panel (showing the selected master page).

I suspect that your current master page is based on another master but your picture should confirm that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-12-11 at 16.58.40.png

The prefix B means black text and W is for white text. It's the W ones that are giving me problems. Thanks in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the W master page number must be based on the B master page.

Try Command-Shift clicking the W master page number frame (if on a Mac, or Ctrl-Shift-cicking if on Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I expect I did base them on the B set as they are duplicates with only the text colour difference. I've already tried Command-Shift on the W which is why I thought I was missing something when nothing happened! I suspect by the sounds of things, I'm going to have to recreate the W set from scratch. Thanks anyway for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines