Highlighted

InDesign painfully slow when working on text containing URLs

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since (finally) upgrading InDesign from CS6 to CC last year, every time I work (I design mostly books, sometimes really long ones) on a text containing URLs, InDesign slows down each time I reach parts of the text containing more than one URL. Right now I'm working on a book with a bibliography 50 pages long. There are a few URLs on facing pages. The moment I view any of those facing pages, InDesign slows down. Just scrolling down through those 50 pages takes minutes (without trying to edit anything). Editing anything is literally painful and time consuming. I'm not using the hyperlinks panel, because then the app slows down even more (when InDesign constantly checks the validity of URLs). Any hints, anybody?

I/m working on a 64-bit Win10, Intel Core i7-9750H CPU @ 2,6 GHz, 32 GB RAM, SSD (2 x 1TB), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign painfully slow when working on text containing URLs

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since (finally) upgrading InDesign from CS6 to CC last year, every time I work (I design mostly books, sometimes really long ones) on a text containing URLs, InDesign slows down each time I reach parts of the text containing more than one URL. Right now I'm working on a book with a bibliography 50 pages long. There are a few URLs on facing pages. The moment I view any of those facing pages, InDesign slows down. Just scrolling down through those 50 pages takes minutes (without trying to edit anything). Editing anything is literally painful and time consuming. I'm not using the hyperlinks panel, because then the app slows down even more (when InDesign constantly checks the validity of URLs). Any hints, anybody?

I/m working on a 64-bit Win10, Intel Core i7-9750H CPU @ 2,6 GHz, 32 GB RAM, SSD (2 x 1TB), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mateusz,

your hardware seems to be reasonable, so should InDesign's performance on that machine.

Do you see the slow down with other documents as well? How many hyperlinks with text sources and URL destinations do you have?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0