Highlighted

indesign paragraph styles shortcuts on late 2013 macbook pro

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i all,

there are a script / plug-in / or other method to asign indesign shortcut at paragraph / characters styles on a mac book pro?

thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Michael Bullo | Adobe Community Professional

You can setup keyboard shortcuts for both Paragraph and Character styles in InDesign but you need a keyboard with a numeric keypad. This article has a good breakdown of how to set this up...

Using InDesign keyboard shortcuts

https://www.bookdesignmadesimple.com/indesign-keyboard-shortcuts/

Assuming you can set up keyboard shortcuts, this is where you would do it for a Paragraph Style...

para-style-keyboard-shortcut.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

indesign paragraph styles shortcuts on late 2013 macbook pro

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i all,

there are a script / plug-in / or other method to asign indesign shortcut at paragraph / characters styles on a mac book pro?

thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Michael Bullo | Adobe Community Professional

You can setup keyboard shortcuts for both Paragraph and Character styles in InDesign but you need a keyboard with a numeric keypad. This article has a good breakdown of how to set this up...

Assuming you can set up keyboard shortcuts, this is where you would do it for a Paragraph Style...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 20, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks too much,

i perfectly know how to use and set a paragraph style, but i want to know if it is possible also to set shortcut from macbook pro without specific keybords

thank again for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Karabiner software to "use old style fn keypad"  Fn+"j,k,l,u,i,o" = Fn+"1,2,3,4,5,6" for general purposes, just  add de CMD key to "Fn+CMD+j,k,l,u,i,o" paragraph or character style shortcuts. (late 2009 iMac/Late 2011 MBP running El Capitan)

BUT i recently updated to High Sierra and de the old Karabiner got updated to Karabiner Elements and there`s no support for the old .xml. Seriously thinking goin back to El Capitan, i´m a heavy user of Styles Shortcuts on Indd.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dollmen ,

not that I know.

For that reason I once bought an extended keyboard with a num pad.

FWIW: One could write a script that would assign a specific paragraph style to selected text, yes.

And one could assign a keyboard shortcut to that script.

Very simple and basic script example (ExtendScript) below, no support of styles in paragraph style groups, no suppport of a modifier to set back style overrides in different levels ( that would require an extra script where false is set to true in line 11 and yet another one if you want to remove applied character styles 😞

( function()

{

var name = "Parastyle Name";

if( app.documents.length == 0 ){ return };

var paraStyle = app.documents[0].paragraphStyles.itemByName( name );

if( paraStyle.isValid && app.selection.length == 1 && app.selection[0].hasOwnProperty("baselineShift"))

{

app.selection[0].applyParagraphStyle( paraStyle , false );

}

else{ alert( "Error:"+"\r"+name +" could not be applied.") };

}() )

Regards,
Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Laubender​,

this is exactly what i was looking for.

but i don't know how i must to do to create that script (software to use)

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2019 0
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

see for example:

Indiscripts :: Indiscripts for Dummies

about saving code, installing a script file and running a script from InDesign's Scripts panel.

Or read through this:

https://indesignsecrets.com/how-to-install-scripts-in-indesign.php

Regards,
Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2019 0