• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign PDF to Corel

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you create an InDesign PDF with "all vectors" so that it can be opened in Corel? I have tried multiple things and we have had no luck. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What makes you think you can? PDFs are an end product and while there are some applications that can open them and convert the contents to native objects there is no recipe for creating one that won't be a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best file type to save so that it can be opened in Corel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're referring to CorelDRAW. If so, the best format is CDR which is DRAW's native format. Why not back up and tell us what you're trying to accomplish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2 page brochure that I have created in InDesign and I need to create in a file to send to a printer. But I have put into pdf form and it doesn't work out it looks distorted. They are using Corel 6 I just asked so I could maybe find a way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best advice I can give you is to find another printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corel 6 is quite old. I opened Illustrator files in Corel, but the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite old is an understatement. It was released around the same time as Windows 95.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in the world would your print shop be using CorelDraw 6 for prepress? Insane!
|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it isn't X6 but even at that, the only shops I know that use CorelDRAW are sign printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You have very strange workflow. Why not print from Adobe Acrobat?
Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From InDesign, File/Export and select PDF (Print). Then choose the PDF/X-4 and export the PDF. These are the industry's standard PDF settings for press. Don't use any print shop that can't handle an industry-standard PDF/X-4 PDF file.
|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines