InDesign photos darkening

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have designed 100 pages of a book using InDesign .

When I share it with a link- the photos are much darker and not the correct color, yet it looks fine on the screen.

How do I make sure I am using the CMYK  colors when using a tiff into InDesign???

TOPICS
Import and export, Performance, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @annm44023509 ,

You can find the color profile of your image by clicking on it and going to the Links panel. You will find everything you need to know about the link selected (color profile, size, resolution, etc.)

It is not unusual for the colors to appear slightly different on different monitors as it depends on your calibration. 

If you intend on printing your book, you should always ask the printer to check the quality and colors of your images.

Hope this helps! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your purpose for the publication is to share it on screen, it is best not to use CMYK at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines