Highlighted

Indesign: photos revert to view setting even though I've set high quality display in preferences

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open an indesign document the photos revert to view setting even though I have set high quality display in preferences. I have deselected the option for object-level settings because I always want photos to display as high quality as I work in print publications. This is a recurring problem and I can't find a way to fix it. I have also just downloaded Creative Cloud to a new laptop and set up all my preferences before I opened a single document, but still have the same problem. Thanks in advance.

Topics

Performance, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign: photos revert to view setting even though I've set high quality display in preferences

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open an indesign document the photos revert to view setting even though I have set high quality display in preferences. I have deselected the option for object-level settings because I always want photos to display as high quality as I work in print publications. This is a recurring problem and I can't find a way to fix it. I have also just downloaded Creative Cloud to a new laptop and set up all my preferences before I opened a single document, but still have the same problem. Thanks in advance.

Topics

Performance, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set your Display Performance choice without any document open, then quit and restart InDesign.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek. This is always the first thing I do every time I try to fix the problem but it doesn't work. It's a long-standing frustration as I need high resolution photos for professional printing but I end up having to change each photo individually when I have to make my press quality PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve encountered case where I don’t get a high quality display when memory is short. Does it happen if you restart your computer with just InDesign running?

Also, linked images do use a lower quality proxy for the preview—if you are scaling the images up, the Effective Resolution is lowered, and that could show in the preview.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob, yes it happens all the time. I have just upgraded my laptop to a much more powerful machine than I had before and the issue is still the same so it's not a memory problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines