Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign picture frame fitting settings

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I just updated to the Indesign CC 2019 and I HATE the new way of automatical way of fitting the images to the frame. I have to change the settings individually to EVERY image I use and that makes the workflow so much slower. Is there any way of making the frame fitting option (fit the content into a frame) the default so I don't have to do it for every image separately?  I wish I had never updated to this version 😞 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

It sounds like you're talking about Content-Aware Fit, which is enabled by default. With no document open go to Preferences > General > Content-Aware Fit and deselect the check box. Click OK and quit InDesign. The next time you launch ID this feature will no longer be automatically enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're talking about Content-Aware Fit, which is enabled by default. With no document open go to Preferences > General > Content-Aware Fit and deselect the check box. Click OK and quit InDesign. The next time you launch ID this feature will no longer be automatically enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh! Thank you so much! This solved the problem! I'm so happy now! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines