Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

recently i downloaded indesign C55

and i wanted to open one file

but indesign can not open this file

and it showed some messege

it was,

"The document uses one or more plug ins which are not currently available on your system, do you want to open anyway?"

so i pushed the 'yes' button, and it showed one more messege. it was

"Cannot open. Please upgrade your plug ins to their latest versions, or upgrade to the latest version of Adobe InDesign."

and i tried to find updating plug ins in Adobe website, but i couldn't find.

what should i do now?  how should i do?

please i hope everyone help me.

thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>recently i downloaded indesign C55

How did you do that? Adobe no longer supports CS5.5 and has removed the download links

Also, CS5.5 is old, and will probably not open a file created in a newer version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error means that the file you are trying to open is created using a later version of InDesign, there is no way to update the plugins except updating your InDesign. Another option could be to get an IDML version of the file, however do note that if the file uses features present only in the version it was created and not in CS5 then the layout might get messed up. So in my opinion the best option for you would be updating InDesign if possible.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Presumably you meant CS5, which is about 10 years old and end of life. InDesign is a professional publishing application and professional users should only use the most recent versions if they want a reliable workflow. Downloading any Adobe application that's not from Adobe's servers means you are probaly downloadiong illegal versions together with the possiblity of installing malware onto your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines