Highlighted

Indesign plugins with Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we develop a plugin for Indesign, after upgrading to Catalina, while opening Indesign 2019  it says the developer of the plugin can't be verified.  The same message even with CC 2020 as well. What are my options to make my plugin work with  Indesign on Catalina ?.

The below article says Indesign plugins need not be code signed or notarised by Apple, why my plugin is still not working.   https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-plugin-notarization.html.

We don't have any installer, our plugin is just a .Indesignplugin file.

TOPICS
How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign plugins with Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we develop a plugin for Indesign, after upgrading to Catalina, while opening Indesign 2019  it says the developer of the plugin can't be verified.  The same message even with CC 2020 as well. What are my options to make my plugin work with  Indesign on Catalina ?.

The below article says Indesign plugins need not be code signed or notarised by Apple, why my plugin is still not working.   https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-plugin-notarization.html.

We don't have any installer, our plugin is just a .Indesignplugin file.

TOPICS
How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notarization is needed for anything downloaded including plugins. Locally built plugins, used on the same computer, are ok. The article you linked to does not say you can ignore this rule (but I can see why a superficial reading might make you think so). As a Mac developer you must now Notarize. Plugins can be notarized, but not stapled. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 1
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NB I do not develop InDesign plugins, but I went through all this with Acrobat plugins. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
Advisor ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you transfer your plug-in?

Examine the resulting folder / bundle using the xattr command. Recursively, of course.

There should be no "com.apple.quarantine" ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its just single file with the extension  .Indesignplugin , we send it by email to the users or they download it from internal SharePoint or box folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use webmail it will certainly need notarizing. If you use a shared folder, maybe not. But it isn't a single file, it's a bundle (presented as a single file by Finder). This makes it difficult to email or share outside a DMG.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
Advisor ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundle_(macOS)

… a bundle is a file directory with a defined structure and file extension, allowing related files to be grouped together as a conceptually single item.

Right-click on that .InDesignPlugin in Finder, than "Show Package Contents" to see what I mean.

Also please have a look at the man page of xattr, and just give it a try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0