InDesign preferences set to inches, yet new documents still default to picas

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have my inches selected in Preferences > Units of Measurement for probably a year now. I have quit InDesign multiple times and reopened, and my preferences are still correct (inches).

Yet when I want to create a new document, InDesign always defualts to picas anyway. This has been annoying over the past year, and it's still annoying.

I'm using InDesign CC, and always keep it up to date.

Any insights?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 9.20.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 9.20.43 AM.png

  

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020
You need to set the dafault units of measurements, such as mm, picas, or inches, in InDesign preferences without any documents open.  If they are not being stored, try resetting your InDesign preferences 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set the dafault units of measurements, such as mm, picas, or inches, in InDesign preferences without any documents open. 

If they are not being stored, try resetting your InDesign preferences 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, that's it, amazing, thanks so much!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines