• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign - Presentation View not working?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

Has anyone else had this issue? When I'm in InDesign, I frequently like to review my project using the Presentation view (Shift + W) or (View > Screen Mode > Presentation). My work PC has never had an issue. I can scroll forward and backward just fine once in that view. Unfortunately, at home, I'm on a MBP, and it seems to be glitchy (not saying it's a Mac VS PC issue ), but on my personal computer, in Presentation View, pages will freeze, skip, and I cannot move backwards and forwards swiftly.

Any and all help is much appreciated! Not the end of the world, but one of those... annoyances that I can't seem to work around.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Yes. I agree. Again there are some InDesign issues documented under Apple (look at response earlier). Sierra seems to have introduced issues in older hardware across the board... not just with Adobe. It is important you document this with Adobe. Include the model of your computer as well as the exact version of Adobe and the Apple system you are running.

You can log, track, and even vote on new features or bugs on https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Short term fix is to live with it, back date your s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What version of Mac OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS: Siera 10.12.5

InDesign: current Adobe Creative Cloud, last update 07/09/17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new Sierra update 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Sierra. Rebooted Mac. Issue is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple has a page on issues with InDesign & Sierra. (not sure if yours is listed there)  It says it may be hardware issue with certain models combined with Sierra & InDesign.

Problems with adobe indesign after sierra upgrade |Official Apple Support Communities

Adobe does not show an issues on this compatibility page but there is a link on this page to document the issue.

List of compatibility issues with Adobe Creative Cloud products running on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

I think you found a bug. Can you do one more test and try another user on the Mac? This will verify the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset preferences (by closing program, restarting, and pressing "CTRL+OPT+CMMD+SHFT").

Issue is still happening. Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I checked and was not able to reproduce the same at our end. Would you mind testing as suggested in the previous post? Do share your findings.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried signing on under another account and the problem still persists. I have also removed all the Creative Cloud programs and reinstalled. Did not resolve.

Any other suggestions? Or are we thinking this is a hardware issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Since this didn't get fixed even by re-installation and using a new user account, I believe this could be a hardware issue.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I agree. Again there are some InDesign issues documented under Apple (look at response earlier). Sierra seems to have introduced issues in older hardware across the board... not just with Adobe. It is important you document this with Adobe. Include the model of your computer as well as the exact version of Adobe and the Apple system you are running.

You can log, track, and even vote on new features or bugs on https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Short term fix is to live with it, back date your system, or update your hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same issue EXCEPT backwards. Preview works perfectly on my mac, always has. But my Windows work computer, nope. it trys to go into presentation mode but the rulers and workspaces are still there so I cant see it. So annoying. I am on CC and up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines