• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Prevents Me From Saving My Document.

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign file will not allow me to save my document, there are no issues with the file, all my links, font, text etc. is approved and does not display as an error. (I am in the document currently, there is not an issue with file access) I am unable to 'save as a copy' or 'export' the document, I packaged the document from the beginning of its creation. After contacting Adobe over the phone, they informed me that they were not able to assist. 

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone had any suggestions to solve this issue and prevent it from occuring in the future! 😊

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this affect only this one file, or all files?

You say you can't export. Is the menu grayed out, does the export just not work? Can you export as IDML?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

The options on the drop down menu remain to save and/or export my file, however InDesign rejects this request, therefore I am unable to save and/or export my file in any format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jasimeeu, 

I have the same problem with my file in the moment. I can save a idml and make a PDF, but all save bottons are grey. 
would also ask for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines