• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Print Issue

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble printing files and saving them as a PDF. Normally my workaround would be to export it as a PDF but for this assignment, I need specific print settings.

So I go File>Print>Set up my file correctly, then click Print. I choose my save destination then get to this window. It never proceeds further than this point. I've noticed this also happens in other adobe software. I would really appreciate any help.Untitled.jpg 

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donald,

what are your specific print settings that should be stored in a PDF?

Maybe we could solve your issie with a different workflow.

Cannot tell what happens to you. Never seen this "Creating Adobe PDF" dialog on my Windows 10 machine with whatever InDesign version I installed. If I must "print to PDF" I am using a different workflow. First I print to PostScript with a special PPD ( PostScript Printer Description ) file that I installed before, then I convert the printed PostScript file to PDF using Acrobat Distiller.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if it is relative, but your screen shot shows that you have missing fonts in your documrnt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines