InDesign problem when placing an Excel table that is linked to another Excel table

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I have just today found out through testing that the issue is ONLY happening when the Excel file I'm using is pulling data from another Excel file. Specifically, InDesign will not pull data from excel if it’s a linked text value. Other data can be linked without issue.

I've encountered a problem with InDesign CC 2020 when placing a table from an Excel 2016 file.

My Excel file has data that it is pulling from another Excel file. There isn't any problem if I choose 'formatted table' when placing it - but as soon as I try to place it as an 'unformatted table' and apply any table style, there is an issue: the table shows "-1" whenever it should be showing either a blank cell, or a cell with only text in it.  

(I will be making 150 such tables in my InDesign file in this manner, and each table will frequently need to be updated, so it's important that I can get this to work if possible.)

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign problem when placing an Excel table that is linked to another Excel table

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I have just today found out through testing that the issue is ONLY happening when the Excel file I'm using is pulling data from another Excel file. Specifically, InDesign will not pull data from excel if it’s a linked text value. Other data can be linked without issue.

I've encountered a problem with InDesign CC 2020 when placing a table from an Excel 2016 file.

My Excel file has data that it is pulling from another Excel file. There isn't any problem if I choose 'formatted table' when placing it - but as soon as I try to place it as an 'unformatted table' and apply any table style, there is an issue: the table shows "-1" whenever it should be showing either a blank cell, or a cell with only text in it.  

(I will be making 150 such tables in my InDesign file in this manner, and each table will frequently need to be updated, so it's important that I can get this to work if possible.)

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2020 0

Have something to add?