• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign problems with saving/undo and paste in place not working

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a few issues that were present with Indesign 2020 and still there after updating to 2021.

As I am working on a file I will suddenly loose the capability to save and undo. I have found a workaround online to save the files as an IDML, restart indesign, open the IDML file and save it as an INDD.  It happens several times in a day and you can see how this get tedious and time consuming.

The other issue is that the keyboard shortcut for Paste in Place will not work. I can select it in the edit menu but not being able to use the keyboard shortcut slows me down. 

I have tried to locate the preferences file to see if deleting it will resolve the issues (specially because both problems have migrated from 2020 to 2021) But I cannot find the preferences file. As this form said, I am looking for the preferences folder or the library folder under user and I don't see it. Please help, I am pulling my hair out.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

An easy way to reset your preferences is to quit InDesign and then immediately after launching hold down Shift+Ctrl+Option+CMD (Mac) or Shift+Alt+Ctrl (Windows). You'll get a dialog asking if you want to delete the preferences. Let us know if this resolves your issue. Just had an issue yesterday that was resolved by deleting the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An easy way to reset your preferences is to quit InDesign and then immediately after launching hold down Shift+Ctrl+Option+CMD (Mac) or Shift+Alt+Ctrl (Windows). You'll get a dialog asking if you want to delete the preferences. Let us know if this resolves your issue. Just had an issue yesterday that was resolved by deleting the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'm having the same problem and this solution didn't work for me. 

I reset my preferences as you mentioned, started a fresh document, 5 minutes in I tried to save and I'm not able to. Nor can I undo/redo. 

I have had this problem with indesign 2020, 2021 and now 2022. Please help!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. In addition to the response given earlier, I'd recommend checking out this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html) to reset the preferences of the app.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines