• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Property panel: on single line ?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I would like to display the property panel on single line, "magnetized" on the top on the window, above the project tabs like the old version of indesign (I've just installed about few day the last software update). Now inDesign display "Property panel" only in vertical mode, with Allign, Aspect etc.. option panel inside. It's look that all these options are "merge" and not divisible, like before.
How can I resolve this problem, and put the panel on single line?

Thank you,
Marcello

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Do you think old good Control panel? Still present in InDesign, turn it on in Window menu:

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 13.37.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe there is no way to get the Properties panel to do what you want. It's designed to be just the way it is—it's really just for beginners primarily.

If you want the flexibility to minimize or maximize panels, you need to create a workspace using the individual panels you want to use—by docking them, grouping and using all the flexibility you need. Start with a workspace like Advanced, then modify it by adding or removing panels and arranging the way you like. Then save the workspace from the Workspace menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your help, now I will be able to create a new workspace more efficiently 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think old good Control panel? Still present in InDesign, turn it on in Window menu:

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 13.37.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeeees! It's exactly what I've been looking for!

Thank you man 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines