• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Publish Online: Button Issue

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone experienced issues with adding buttons in InDesign? My example is, I have a 30 page document that will have various buttons that link to different sections. All of my buttons appears to be working except one on my main page. The button is on page 1 and I set up it to jump to page 9 on click. Later I moved some pages around and set it to jump to page 2. Now whenever I publish and view it, the button either jumps to page 9 or flashes page 2 and goes to 9. Anyone else experience this?

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Hi MHetzel1,

that's a feature, not a bug:

If you move the target page around in your document the button still points to the moved page.

The destination of the button does not point to a page position in your document.

The destination is the page.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

If you want the page position as destination, say the page named "2", do a feature request at:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests

When done, please post the URL to your request so that others can vote for this.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MHetzel1,

that's a feature, not a bug:

If you move the target page around in your document the button still points to the moved page.

The destination of the button does not point to a page position in your document.

The destination is the page.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MHetzel1985,

I added a comment and voted for your feature request.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the page position as destination, say the page named "2", do a feature request at:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests

When done, please post the URL to your request so that others can vote for this.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Uwe! From what I gather, what I'm experiencing is normal and supposed to happen. I guess it is very important to remember that you should not add a button to go to a page number on click if you think that page will move later.

I haven't done a feature request before, but I will look at that link and hopefully get one created and posted soon.

Thanks, 

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I never use on click. Always on tap or release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This took me awhile, but I just got this posted as a new feature request: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/41500507-wh...

I hope I added it correctly. Thanks for the help everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines