Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Publish Online Forms

New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am making a form in InDesign with multiple choice check list buttons, radio buttons and fill-in text answers. I see you can easily save forms as an interactive pdf and fill it out in adobe acrobat, but what I am wondering is, is there a way to use the publish online  and have it so people can fill out the form through the url link instead? I would love to just be able to give people a link instead of a pdf to download.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

No, I'm sorry but Publish Online flattens form fields. Even if they download the PDF from your Publish Online URL, the form is flattened and they wouldn't be able to fill out the form in Acrobat.

I tried uploading a test PDF form to Creative Cloud or Document Cloud, then shared it from there, but all users can do is either download the PDF to fill it out (which defeats the purpose) or comment on the PDF while it's in the cloud, but not fill out the fields.

Sorry! Great feature request though.

Adobe InDesign: Feature Requests: Top (2196 ideas) ā€“ Adobe InDesign Feedbac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm sorry but Publish Online flattens form fields. Even if they download the PDF from your Publish Online URL, the form is flattened and they wouldn't be able to fill out the form in Acrobat.

I tried uploading a test PDF form to Creative Cloud or Document Cloud, then shared it from there, but all users can do is either download the PDF to fill it out (which defeats the purpose) or comment on the PDF while it's in the cloud, but not fill out the fields.

Sorry! Great feature request though.

Adobe InDesign: Feature Requests: Top (2196 ideas) ā€“ Adobe InDesign Feedbac

AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I'm trying to do with the document I'm working on. Do you think there's a plugin that can do this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Did you find a resolution to this? I'm currently facing the same challenge, with no luck online yet! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved? All I need is a form for people to fill in if they want to know more about the document. Like name, company, email address and a submit button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can create a PDF form that will do that but not with InDesign's Publish Online, which the OP was asking for,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines