• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Publish online: Pictures are blurry / pixelated

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the Publish Online Feature and it worked nice (Text only Document) for me but later this day I've tried it again but the pictures were blurry.

tired out all kinds of picture format and quality etc. in the advaced tab of publish onlineā€¦ No difference

Would be a cool Feature, easier than sending a PDF to customers but with that bug.. Impossible.

I hope Adobe will fix that bug in 2017.1 but if someone here has a solution for that it would be even better

Thanks!

Jona

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting higher resolution or change to JPEG or PNG in Object > Object Export Options. See more in this article: https://indesignsecrets.com/controlling-publish-online-image-resolution.php

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested everything.. Doesn't work for me šŸ˜•

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change the Object Export Option also in the Object Styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question.  After following these steps the pictures that were once blurry came out beautifully.  However, it caused another issue.  It creates a white box around the object when published.  I assume it is because it took about the transparency.  Is there another way of making the pictures come out clear without rasterizing them? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 
This works for me, but I have a document with a LOT of images in and it would be better if there was a way to do this on mass! So, I just wanted to know if your question above was resolved? 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a link to a Publish Online page with an example of the blurry images?

Possible to message me with one of the problem image files?

Hard to troubleshoot further without seeing the actual example.

Thanks, --db

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue because the Link was not updated. Try to check in your Links palette if there is the exclamation mark and in case, select the item and refresh it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if the image frame and the image itself are both scaled. I had the same issue where the frame was at about 10% and the image was scaled inside it. I think this only occurs if you use the 'Adjust Scaling Percentage' preference.

'Redefine scaling as 100%' will fix the problem. This is hidden in the fly-out menu of the Object palette or Control palette.

Looks like someone on the 'Publish Online' team didn't do the maths correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some images can be improved by going to Object menu > Object Export Options > EPUB and HTML tab. Set "Rasterize Container" to a higher resolution. Good write up on this here: https://indesignsecrets.com/controlling-publish-online-image-resolution.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, just caught I had already suggested this, and it apparently didn't work for you.

I did have a case recently where I wasn't happy with the image quality and I published the project at 144 HiDPI in the Advanced Options of the Publish Online dialog. It helped improve the quality and it was acceptable.

I don't like to use this option, especially on bigger docs with a lot of interactivity as it can interfere. But in my case it was largely a slideshow of images and worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the initial resolution of the images? Have you considered observing the actual resolution and effective resolution of your images in the Links panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines