Highlighted

Indesign Publish Online - search functionality?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been creating some online interactive publication using Indesign Publish Online and am wondering if there is a plugin or a script or some way to jimmy the program to add a search functionality to it?

When someone opens up an issue and wants to look for say, "cocktail" is there a way I can create a search box for people so when they click the Find button, it may not necessarily list every article that is related to cocktails, but at least can go to the pages or list the pages with that term on it?

Any/all help appreciated. I know there are some third-party companies that offer this, but they're pretty expensive for starting out.

Here's the link for reference: 

https://indd.adobe.com/view/6df88b58-64be-43f5-b873-a0f3ef450718

TOPICS
EPUB, How to, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign Publish Online - search functionality?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been creating some online interactive publication using Indesign Publish Online and am wondering if there is a plugin or a script or some way to jimmy the program to add a search functionality to it?

When someone opens up an issue and wants to look for say, "cocktail" is there a way I can create a search box for people so when they click the Find button, it may not necessarily list every article that is related to cocktails, but at least can go to the pages or list the pages with that term on it?

Any/all help appreciated. I know there are some third-party companies that offer this, but they're pretty expensive for starting out.

Here's the link for reference: 

https://indd.adobe.com/view/6df88b58-64be-43f5-b873-a0f3ef450718

TOPICS
EPUB, How to, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe Publish Onlne has no capability to add new features with scripting or plug-ins.

But you could attach a Print PDF which would be searchable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0