Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Publish Online Tool - Error #16

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some help.

I have designed an interactive portfolio that I have already exported several times with the ''publish online'' tool (where I first published the file to create a link and then published it in this existing document/link the times after). 

Everything went fine until I tried to export it again yesterday and got an error #16. 

''There was an error uploading your document. Please try again. Error #16''

I've searched the internet for solutions and tried a few things, such as permissions in the SLStore and Adobe PCD files and opening Indesign as Administrator. Nothing worked!

This is crazy since I was able to upload it within the same document/link the days before. Even when I upload it as a new document I get that error code!

I am working on a Lenovo Ideapad and using the 2020 version of Indesign.

Does anybody know what the problem might be, or better: have a solution?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Thank you so much, I will take a look there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had over 100 pages which all included videos etc. Tried compressing it down as much as possible in size and still couldnt upload. It was doing my head in.

I then deleted half the file and uploaded that as that had worked before. So that worked. I then put the deleted pages back in and instead of publishing a new document i choose to update the existing one. This worked and i have tested it twice now both with success. Hope this helps any1 else who was getting fustrated with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the solution that worked for you. In addition to this if anyone else experiencing this issue or errors related to publishing online please try the suggestion shared in this article

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m experiencing this over and over with error 16.

Small file: 83 MB, no videos, just a magazine, 48 pages.

I always have to turn off the downloadable function to make it work. Why? I would like my audience to be able to do this.

I have resolution on default for publish online. Should this be tweaked to lower res? Any example on how low?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @joe_tothepoint,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Have you tried the suggestions shared in this article? If yes, will it be possible for you to share the file with us for testing? You can add the file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines