• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Radio Button Accessibility

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a form in InDesign which needs to be accessible. I'm trying to create radio buttons that need a yes or no response. I enter a description under for the Yes radio button that says "yes" and when I export and preview in acrobat and hover over the buttons, the alt text is showing up as "yes" for both the Yes and No buttons.

Is there any resolution for this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've encountered an interesting behavior in InDesign. Although InDesign allows you to enter a unique description for each radio button, this isn't allowed in Acrobat. If you go into Prepare Form mode after exporting the PDF, you'll notice that both radio buttons contain the same description. That's because with radio buttons, both fields have the same name with a unique button value (yes or no). So to answer your question, there's no way around this because both buttons have the same name and therefore the same description value. I'd change the description to say "choose appropriate button for your choice".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines