Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Radio Buttons to interactive pdf

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there any way to retain the look of radio buttons or check boxes designed in InDesign after exporting to an interactive pdf. They always reset to the default Acrobat button styles when not in focus. I have tried it with buttons I have designed and using the sample radio buttons provided in the software and neither work.

I understand what Acrobat is doing and why it is doing it, I just struggle to believe that they would include these buttons in the Interactive for PDF workspace if they don’t actually work in interactive pdfs. I am hoping I am missing something really obvious or there is a work-around.

The form is nothing over the top, just a series of radio buttons and related questions. But my client wanted nicer looking buttons. Any help would be great!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Yep, Acrobat all the way. Just figured it out a minute ago, when the form highlighting feature is turned off the buttons retain the InDesign style, when its on they revert back to the default Acrobat buttons. This is both in Reader and Pro.

So new questions is, can I set that to toggle that to off when my client's clients open the pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you looking at the PDF+buttons in? Acrobat, I hope!

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, Acrobat all the way. Just figured it out a minute ago, when the form highlighting feature is turned off the buttons retain the InDesign style, when its on they revert back to the default Acrobat buttons. This is both in Reader and Pro.

So new questions is, can I set that to toggle that to off when my client's clients open the pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! Exactly what I was looking for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines