InDesign removing "x's" from export tags during ePub export

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

INDD Version: 16.0

OS: Windows 10.0.19041

 

I routinely have to export ePubs from InDesign. I've been getting an error in boxes appearing correctly when I export my file to ePub. My colleague uses a Mac with the same export settings and doesn't get this same issue. After comparing the code of our files the only difference is that my class tags are being exported without 'x' characters, so 'box' comes through as 'bo ' (the x is being replaced by a space).

I've checked the class tags in InDesign and they're correct, so during the export process all 'x' characters are being stripped out of my class tags. 'x' characters are appearing fine in the body text.

 

Correctly working epub on the left, my export on the right, differences in bold:

Capture.PNG

 

Any ideas what could be causing this?

TOPICS
Bug, EPUB

Views

121

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's similar to this issue:
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/38520238-export-tagging
It's still not repaired. Recently I've had the same problem with letter "e", e.g. when you have the style named "K-vyslech" you will then have "K-vysl" in the stylesheet BUT! "K-vysl ch" in your .xhtml code.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @pH_Host!

 

I can confirm that I'm still experiencing this issue as of May 2021. It's currently affecting my 'h' characters in all paragraph style tags, but not in object style tags or frames, etc.

 

I've also experienced the issue affecting other characters, and multiple characters at a time - the bug seems to 'pick' a character at random on a new file.

 

The only solution I have at the moment is to manually reinsert these characters in my code, which is time-consuming (and potentially inaccurate) when I have a high turnover of work to publish.

 

Hoping for a patch fix soon from Adobe.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it seemed to me that this was already fixed in couple of previous versions (but could be that I just didn't export any ePUB with "wrong" letters contained in tags), but now it's back again.

It's really unbelievable 🤐

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines