InDesign Review Page Layout and correct page numbers

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am uploading my InDesign file to the review. I have double-page spreads but would like to have to correct page numbers in the file, not the double spread numbers. Every comment is connected to the double spread page number, not the actual page number, even though it works in PDF export.

I haven't found any option to change the exported file for upload. Changing the PDF export settings doesn't change the uploaded layout. I wish there would be options for that.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Oebat,

there is no option for single pages with the new Share For Review feature in InDesign 2020.

Do a bug report or a feature request. Hm, already found a feature request at InDesign UserVoice:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/40700314-page-range-s-and-pages-spreads-options-in-share-f

Vote for it!

( I already did. )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
Feature request, Import and export, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign Review Page Layout and correct page numbers

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am uploading my InDesign file to the review. I have double-page spreads but would like to have to correct page numbers in the file, not the double spread numbers. Every comment is connected to the double spread page number, not the actual page number, even though it works in PDF export.

I haven't found any option to change the exported file for upload. Changing the PDF export settings doesn't change the uploaded layout. I wish there would be options for that.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Oebat,

there is no option for single pages with the new Share For Review feature in InDesign 2020.

Do a bug report or a feature request. Hm, already found a feature request at InDesign UserVoice:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/40700314-page-range-s-and-pages-spreads-options-in-share-f

Vote for it!

( I already did. )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
Feature request, Import and export, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you DID lay the facing pages out as a Facing Pages left and right document, yes?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 2
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said what settings you used, and which ones you are chaging that aren't helping.  

My best guess is that you are exporting as Spreads, when you should be exporting as Pages, and setting the Layout View as a vesion of 2-up (I use two-up (cover page), which requires at least Acrobat 6 compatability)

This will cause Acrobat to read your file as individual pages that match your InDesign page numbers, but to display it as spreads.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 4.28.54 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 1
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oebat,

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/40700314-pa...

Vote for it!

( I already did. )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0