Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Save Error

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Adobe error, which keeps repeating and comming back from time to time.

Its when i open a InDesign document and want to save it, i get this error.

" InDesign is unable to save this file. We tried, but it appears to be damaged"

I tried all sorts of fixes, reinstall Adobe Suite 2020, new laptop etc but the error remain.

Do anyone know why this error occours and how to fix it?

ThxInDesign_Save_error.png

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Did you try to Export or Save As IDML?

If that is possible, save as IDML, open that and save as INDD at the same place as new INDD.

If not, create a new INDD file with the same base line raster settings, no styles (no swatches, no character, pararaph, table, cell or object styles), only a layer with a different name as in the old document (you can later delete it), set in the layer panel menu paste remembers layers, same page size and bleed and spne settings (duble sided, left or right spine). T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to Export or Save As IDML?

If that is possible, save as IDML, open that and save as INDD at the same place as new INDD.

If not, create a new INDD file with the same base line raster settings, no styles (no swatches, no character, pararaph, table, cell or object styles), only a layer with a different name as in the old document (you can later delete it), set in the layer panel menu paste remembers layers, same page size and bleed and spne settings (duble sided, left or right spine). Then got to Layout and go to the command to move all pages from the old to the new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are good suggestions. To me it sounds like a permissions issue so I'd definitely try saving to your desktop to avoid any server or other permission problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Willi is absolutely correct in his response.

You may also check out this help article to troubleshoot the corrupt document. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just by way of routing troubleshooting, have you tried resetting your preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines