• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign says installed fonts are missing

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the last few weeks, every time I open an Indesign document I get the Missing Fonts window for a particular font that has been installed and worked in those same documents countless times before...driving me crazy that all of a sudden this one font is considered to be missing. I could have 2 documents open, and the font will work in one document but be missing in the other...Sometimes I can get it back to normal by closing out the document and reopening, or quitting Indesign and reopening, or reinstalling the font...but none of those steps are successful 100% of the time. Anyone else experienced this before or have any answers? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

I've got a couple of ideas:

Idea One: When I checked out the screen capture you attached, it seems to list a specific weight of American Typewriter Condens... (the rest is a mystery to us, but not you if you click the Replace Fonts... button). It may not be that you're missing/alerting on the entire font, but you are missing/alerting on a specific weight/cut of the font. Which would explain, perhaps, why another file didn't cause the problem because it didn't use that specific weight/cut of th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a couple of ideas:

Idea One: When I checked out the screen capture you attached, it seems to list a specific weight of American Typewriter Condens... (the rest is a mystery to us, but not you if you click the Replace Fonts... button). It may not be that you're missing/alerting on the entire font, but you are missing/alerting on a specific weight/cut of the font. Which would explain, perhaps, why another file didn't cause the problem because it didn't use that specific weight/cut of the font family. You may also have multiple instances of that specific weight/cut installed, which could cause the inconsistencies you're experiencing as your system reaches for that specific cut. Or it may lead to ...

Idea Two: You have a corrupted installation of that specific cut. It doesn't happen often — generally when a font gets installed it works forever. But I have run across rare instances of an installed font, to use technical terms, going cattywhompus crazy and getting corrupted. If you have saved the original files when you bought the font or have a good backup of your system, you could try overwriting the installed version of the font on your system and see if that provides a fix for you.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just following up: Did any of this help you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines