Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Server 2016 could not find after installation at virtual Server

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I have InDesign Server 16 (supposed) packaged in Adobe AdminConsole and am trying to install it on our Virtual Server on which is already running InDesign Server 2018 (13.1.1)

The installation via Setup.exe also works - it reports "Successful" at least at the end. However, afterwards the InDesign Server is nowhere to be found in the system. Neither under Programs in the Control Panel nor in the file system e.g.: under C:\Programs\.....

The installation via the MSI package fails right at the beginning with a message.
A colleague found out the following today:

The content of the MSI package is dated 01/13/2020 - the new InDesign Server should already have a newer date i think.
Could it be that we have been assigned an old version in the AdminConsole?
The installation files of the InDesign Server 2018, which is already installed, are dated 01/14/2020.

Is there any way to download the latest InDesign Server somewhere?
I can't find an option to do so anywhere. 😞

I need to get this done by tomorrow as otherwise we will have to go into a risk assumption for InDesign 13.1.1 starting Monday, I would like to avoid that.

I attach the output of the pdapp.log too 

Many thanks for your answers and tips.

Kind regards,
Frank

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Problem is solved - I was able to repackage and successfully install InDesign Server again using these instructions.
It would be easier if the packaging would be unified.

Kind regards,

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem is solved - I was able to repackage and successfully install InDesign Server again using these instructions.
It would be easier if the packaging would be unified.

Kind regards,

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines